Back, start, and search keys
The back, start, and search keys help you navigate your phone.
• To see which apps you have open, press and hold . You can then switch to another app
or close the ones you don’t need.
• To go back to the previous screen you were in, press . Your phone remembers all the
apps and websites you've visited since the last time your screen was locked.
• To go to the start screen, press . The app you were in stays open in the background.
• To search the web or for items on your phone, press .
• To switch Cortana on, press and hold , and follow the instructions.
This feature is not available in all languages. If you set your phone to a language not
supported, the Cortana tile and app aren’t shown. For info on the supported languages,
go to www.windowsphone.com.